Monday, December 14, 2009

Checklist

Things I wanted to get done today:
  • fix the problem of an overseas address with my IRA
  • get lodgings for at least one city booked for my Christmas trip
  • type up the minutes from the ATEK meeting I ran yesterday and post them online
  • research more about what there is to see in Siem Reap
  • hang up my laundry to dry
  • buy some more "stuff" for my kids' auction on Friday
  • get at least something done on my TEFL
Things I actually got done today
  • fixed the problem of an overseas address with my IRA - with a 27 minute phone call to add (get this!) ONE DIGIT onto my zip code.
  • booked lodgings for three nights in Cambodia with Earthwalkers, an environmentally friendly guesthouse in Siem Reap that offers lodgings and tours. I'll be on the back of an elephant in the jungles of Cambodia on Christmas Day!!!!!
  • typed and posted the minutes from the ATEK meeting. It wasn't a complete bust, but seeing as how I STILL don't really know what my volunteer job entails with the organization, I thought it was nice that I even had a meeting.
  • Researched more about what there is to see in Siem Reap, and my three days is sooooo not enough! I can do off-road dirt bike tours of 'hidden Cambodia', hot air balloon rides over Angor Wat, and take a tuk-tuk around the literally hundreds of temples, ALL TOGETHER for less than $100!
  • Hung up my laundry to dry.
  • Updated my Bank of America account so that my IRA and student loan are both linked to my account. This way I can see my net worth slowly raising itself from the massive negative number that it's currently sitting at (half of my last payment actually went towards the principal instead of the interest!!)
  • watched the next episode of Kung Fu - I'm about halfway through season 2

2 comments:

persistentillusion said...

Chris and I looked at that Earthwalkers site and are now MORE DETERMINED THAN EVER to come visit you in South Korea!! We have got to wander around Asia for a little while!

dreemwhrld said...

Yay!! The more I see of Asia, the more amazed I am by what there is to see.