Monday, September 8, 2008

Chuseok

I just found out that we have an extra day off for Chuseok (the Korean version of Thanksgiving). This Friday is a half day for Kindergarten, and then we have Monday and Tuesday off. I was going to stay in Seoul for the weekend and just wander for a few days, since the traffic's going to be really bad on Monday, but since we have an extra day, I'm trying to decide if I should go somewhere further away. I shall have to consult my travel book this weekend.

On a side note, my Cherry class impressed me this morning with their logic skills, though they were a bit misguided. Irene saw my tongue ring, and asked "What's this?", pointing to her tongue and then to me. So I stuck out my tongue. She then said "Circle. Breanna teacher have circle here. Lisa teacher have circle here. So, English teacher have circle here. Ok?" I knew Lisa, the teacher I replaced, had a tongue piercing and a large tattoo as well, but this was an impressive bit of logic for a 4 year old. "Both my English teachers have a circle on their tongue, so all English teachers must have one too. " Not bad. :)

1 comment:

persistentillusion said...

Oh she sounds ADORABLE. Your kids are going to have some very interesting assumptions about Americans.