Thursday, May 29, 2008

Countdown

It's the night before my last day in the states. I just spent the past few hours helping Nana to upload pictures to Walmart, and I finally got the webcams set up so I can call mom and dad on skype. They were both in bed by the time I got it set up, so I won't be able to show them until tomorrow. I've said my goodbyes to most of my family and friends, though I won't say it to my parents until I'm at the airport. I still have to go through all my stuff that's in the garage, but there's only a little left that isn't going to be stored, so it's just a matter of moving it into the shed.

My plane leaves at 6am on Friday morning from the Daytona Beach airport, which means my parents will be dropping me off there around 5am before they have to go to work. I don't know how long it will take me to get internet access once I'm over there, but I will be taking a paper journal with me, so that I'll have something with which to record my thoughts. As soon as I'm able, I'll send an e-mail/posting letting people know that I made it there safely, though as I said I don't know when that will be. 

It's hard to beleive that tomorrow will be my last day in the US for the next year. It's odd, but a small part of me kept wondering when someone was going to jump out with a "just kidding!" sign, and tell me that some glitch had occured which would prevent me from going. But I'll be checking in online with Delta in just about 8 hours, and then it's just a waiting game to see how long I can go without my stomach getting all tied up in knots. There's something wonderously nervewracking about venturing into the unknown:

"These are the voyages of Breanna Horn.  Her one year mission: to explore strange new lands; to seek out new people and old civilizations; to go where no Horn has gone before."

No comments: