Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Just a quick note or two

I changed the name of my blog. I wasn't too thrilled with the original one, but seeing as how my default user-name had been used by myself about 6 years ago for a class project, I opted for the next best thing. I have changed the name to my name in Hangul (it says "beh-ri-ahn-nah).

I've also been compiling a 'list' of sorts for a while. There's quite a few things I see here on a day-to-day basis that just don't seem either blog-worthy or have become so common-place now that once I've seen them I promptly forget about them. This list is still in draft mode, as I know there are about 20 things I've forgot to put on there, but as soon as I have been reminded of them, the post will show up.

On a school note, we had our monthly birthday party today. The requisite massive amount of pictures and pizza with fried chicken and noodle soup were all present. Afterwards someone had the bright idea to take the kids on a walk by the river, seeing as how it's a lovely bright and sunny day (it's been raining, or had the threat of rain for the past two months almost every day). Imagine taking about 50 kids, ice cream in a bag in one hand and their partner's hand in the other, on a walk down by a river full of insects, flowers, joggers, bikers, ajumas, and other fascinating things for a 6 year old. My class of 7 was mostly well behaved, which is more than can be said for some of the other classes. Part of it I'm sure is that my class is the oldest and has been with EWAS the longest. The other part is they know better with me - I don't let them misbehave, I don't care how old they are. The kids were hot and tired when we got back to the class, and Fiona teacher took all 50 of them into the Fun House, so the rest of the teachers have a relatively easy day today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I don't let them misbehave, I don't care how old they are."

You GO girl. Layeth the smack down!