Monday, February 9, 2009

Help if you can

A friend of my co-workers has been in a serious accident and needs all the help she can get. She is an English teacher in Vietnam. This is a situation that I could find myself in too, as I do not have comprehensive traveler's insurance. Take a look, and if you feel compelled, please donate. Remember, every little bit helps.

As some of you may know by now my good friend Julie Swinden (who used to work and live in South Korea with me) was in a motorbike taxi accident in Vietnam on the 21st January and has suffered serious head injuries which resulted in 2 operations within the first 24 hours and still more treatment is needed.
She is in a Vietnam hospital but in order to get more treatment and to get her back home and on the mend her family needs some funds to Medivac her back to New Zealand when she is stable enough and to continue on the road to recovery.
I am trying to help raise money as it cost loads for Medivac let alone the costs that are being incurred in Vietnam.
If you can please help out in anyway that would be amazing and I'm sure she will be extremely grateful when she is recovering back at home in New Zealand with all of her family and friends around her.
The website to make a donation is.. here
Thanks heaps

1 comment:

persistentillusion said...

Wow. What a difficult situation.